Drain Cleaning Service
When you have a clogged drain, our Drain Cleaning Service is fast and affordable!
There is nothing worse than a clogged drain in your sink when you are trying to get the dishes done.
Except maybe a clogged bathtub drain when you are trying to have a shower.
Or maybe a clogged toilet drain is even worse than the first two when you have to… well you know.
What we are trying to say is, when you have a drain that is all plugged up, it can turn a simple task into a frustrating problem that keeps happening over and over until something is done about it.
When you have a clog, give us a call, you'll be relieved you did!
Emergency Drain Cleaning
B Johnston Plumbing Ltd is the best choice for professional drain cleaning and plumbing services in the Lower Mainland. In the event of an emergency, contact us by phone and we will tell you what to do to stop further damage right away. Our plumbing experts can rescue you from any emergency, whether it’s an overflowing toilet, wastewater flooding, or sewer back-ups.
Does my home have clogged drains?
Clogged or backed-up drains don’t go away on their own. Without regular drain cleaning and very active preventative housekeeping habits, the nasty buildup gets bigger, smellier, and likely to result in indoor flooding. Waiting to call a professional drain cleaning service? Here are some telltale signs that you should pick up the phone now:
Foul odors: clogged drains often present as a foul, mysterious smell circulating your house that won’t go away, no matter how much you clean and spray air fresheners. This smell is likely due to clogged sewers.
Aging drains: old drains mean rust, which reduces their usable function and usable life. Rust can be prevented with regular drain cleaning, saving you thousands of dollars in repairs and new pipes and drains.
Waste: be careful of what you flush down the drain — waste items can result in dirty, clogged drains, which can trigger indoor flooding, water damage, and even mold buildup. Make sure to throw waste items and trash where they belong, and not simply flush them down the toilet or the sink.
Drain Cleaning Locations:
How Do Drains Clogg?
Clogged drains are often caused by years of buildup, slowly clogging your pipes with sludge, grease, hair, and soap residue.
We not only remove nasty clogs but also install new drains when necessary, as part of the solution to the problem of a clogged drain. For a drain cleaning service that will prevent clogs for years to come, just call or contact us.
10 Most Common Reasons Drains Get Clogged
1) Old galvanized or cast iron drains. Most Lower Mainland neighborhoods have exceeded the expected lifetime of metal drainage. These pipes deteriorate from the inside. Causing the opening in the drainpipe to collect rust and buildup until the entire pipe is full of sediment and debris.
2) Improper plumbing vents. The BC plumbing code was produced for a reason. Improperly vented plumbing fixtures will not drain properly. Have you ever placed your thumb over a straw, and pulled it out of a drink, only to find that the liquid was still in the straw? Once you removed your thumb, it drained out of the straw, didn’t it? The drain waste and vent system in your home operate much the same way.
3) Too much debris down the laundry tub drain. Are you guilty of taking your plumbing drainage system for granted? Have you ever pushed it when washing your dirty paintbrushes, or cleaning your tools in your laundry tub? Just because it doesn’t look as fancy as the nice stainless steel sink in your kitchen, doesn’t mean the drain is capable of any extra wear and tear.
4) Grease in your kitchen sink. My mother used to pour the bacon fat in a tin can, and then wipe it out of the pan with a paper towel before rinsing it off in the sink. It turns out she had learned this lesson with a call to the plumber years earlier. Grease, even in small amounts will cause blocked drains over time. These are also one of the hardest types of blockages to clear.
5) Hair in your shower or bathtub drain. These can be stubborn drains to clean. Often, a drain backup can be avoided by installing a hair strainer on your drain. You can purchase these at Home Depot, in the plumbing aisle, for less than $10.
6) Flushing food down the toilet. We’ve all done it, yet we all know better.
7) Tree roots. The big beautiful maple in your front yard is probably wreaking havoc on your drain services if your pipe is made from cast iron, concrete, clay, asbestos, or other non-plastic pipes. Roots from trees are in constant search of nutrients and your drain pipe is the fuel source it is seeking. Consider upgrading this drain to PVC before your basement fills with sewage.
8) Toys in the toilet. Every week we get a call from a frustrated mother complaining about the fact that her toilet is probably plugged with a toy train, boat, ninja turtle, etc.
9) Sanitary napkins. These are the number one culprit for homes that have basement bathrooms connected to sewage pumps. Port Coquitlam drain cleaning service calls can get costly if a tampon plugs up your pump as oftentimes, this will burn out the pump, and cause a backed-up drain
10) Counter-sloped piping. Sometimes plumbing systems will work correctly for years and years even when a section of the piping has been sloped the wrong way. Eventually, though, these pipes will clog and you will definitely need a drain cleaning service, as well as a correction to the pipe.
How Do We Unclog A drain?
Rather than dumping toxic and potentially damaging chemicals down the drain to try to fix your clogged drain, there are much more effective and environmentally safer ways to rid your home of nasty clogs.
Water Jet Drain Cleaning
A Water Jetter is a specially designed high pressure pump that blasts away strong blockages and clears heavily clogged drains. In many cases, B. Johnston Plumbing Ltd will use this device to clear away the drain clog so water can flow freely again. Jetters are perhaps the most effective method for cleaning drains, though not all plumbers use them when needed. At B. Johnston Plumbing Ltd, we get the job done right, the first time, every time.
Snake Drain Cleaning
More than manpower is necessary to remedy a clogged drain. Your local plumber must wield the right equipment to get the job done. B. Johnston Plumbing Ltd uses various types of drain cleaning machines, ranging from small hand snakes to drain machines capable of cleaning big sewer mains. One of the most powerful devices in our arsenal is the cable drain cleaning machine, also known as the Drain snake. Our Port Coquitlam plumbing technicians have the specialized knowledge of the equipment to get the job done efficiently.
Book a Professional Drain Cleaning Service
Don’t let clogged drains build up and worsen. Call a professional plumber or drain cleaning service at the first sign of clogs and backups. Keep your home’s plumbing system working perfectly for a safe and pleasant living experience, from every shower to getting the dishes done in the kitchen:
Prevent clogs: clean drains and professionally removed debris keep pipes clear and safely working for much longer. Prevent foul odors, slowly draining water and the risk of indoor flooding.
Regular maintenance: trust a professional drain cleaning service for regular check-up and maintenance of pipes and drains to prevent damaging waste build-up.
Professional tools: our drain cleaning experts are well-equipped with snake augers, drain rooters, wrenches, and other tools to de-clog drains and resolve drainage issues in no time.
Guaranteed results: B Johnston Plumbing Ltd only works with certified plumbing professionals, resulting in a reliable, well-equipped network to handle the toughest clogs and backups and restore your home or business to its original condition.
Years of Experience: Our team of professional plumbers has extensive experience in solving drainage problems in residential and commercial buildings. They are equipped with modern drain cleaning tools and trained to solve all of your drainage issues. With us, you can feel confident that your plumbing issues are under control.
For more information about drain cleaning, contact B Johnston Plumbing Ltd by clicking the button below, or give us a call at (604)690-6808
Can’t I just use Drano to unclog my drain?
Should or can you use Drano to clean your drains?
The short answer is that plumbers always advise against it.
While these products can be useful, they’re designed to destroy any matter making up the clog. Chemical cleaners don’t know the difference between your piping and your drain blockage. For the most part, chemical drainers can be harmful to your plumbing system. Regular use of chemical drainers will undoubtedly shorten the lifespan of your plumbing system.
We have some inexpensive alternatives below, which are incredibly effective at cleaning drains while remaining safe on your plumbing system.
Tips to Avoid Clogged Drains
1) Don’t treat your drains and toilet like a garbage can. As convenient as it may seem at the moment, sacrificing a morning or an afternoon for a plumber appointment is not.
2) Clear plates into the garbage or compost properly before washing. Food matter and grease are some of the most common causes of clogs, especially in a kitchen.
3) Pour grease into a disposable cup and allow it to harden, and dispose of it afterward in your garbage. If you don’t want to be wasteful, you can clear grease into any container and throw it into the trash after hardening.
4) Use strainers in your drains. This applies to kitchen sinks, showers, bathtubs, and any other drain. Strainers are available in most hardware stores, and they’re cheap. Not only do they prevent clogs, but they save you from regularly having to pull hair-goop out of the shower drain.
5) Educate children about what can and cannot go into the garbage. You’d be amazed at how many plumbing service calls are because of a toy being flushed.
6) Feminine hygiene products, dental floss, Q-Tips, and wrappers do not belong in the toilet.
7) “Flushable” wipes aren’t that flushable. As convenient as they are, they can cost you a plumber service fee. Consider purchasing a Bidet attachment instead!
8) Regularly clean your drains with a combination of Baking Soda + Vinegar or Dish Soap + Hot Water. Cleaning your drains every month or two will likely prevent you from needing drain cleaning services.
9) Don’t wash coffee grinds down the sink.
10) Flush the sink drains with hot water after every use. Run it for long enough that you’re confident the matter has successfully washed through your system.
11) Be mindful of what you’re washing in your utility sink. Cement, for example, is designed to harden. These can lead to some problematic clogs!
12) Flush drains, don’t just turn the tap on. Use the stopper to fill some water and flush the drain with a half-sink full of water.
Keep B Johnston Plumbing Ltd in mind when you need a reliable Drain Cleaning plumber who will do the job correctly.
Contact Us For Drain Cleaning Services
Contact us today if you need Drain Cleaning Services in the Lower Mainland. We are friendly, knowledgeable, and know just how to get your water flowing as it should. Feel free to use our handy chatbot, CALL US directly, or click below to send us an email by filling out our simple form.
Either way, we at B Johnston Plumbing Ltd are happy to help relieve you of your slow draining problems.